Mix of Remanufactured and New Production for Total $3.5 Billion
The US State Department notified Congress on 7 December of approval for a Foreign Military Sale of AH-64E APACHE helicopters to the United Arab Emirates. Estimated value of the deal, in which Boeing and Lockheed Martin will be prime contractors, is US$3.5 billion.
The details of the request from the UAE cover remanufactured (R) and new (N) aircraft and associated equipment as follows:
- 28 (R) and 9 (N) AH-64E APACHE
- 56 (R) and 18 (N) T700-GE-701D engines, plus 2 spares
- 28 (R) and 9 (N) AN/ASQ-170 Modernised Target Acquisition and Designation Sight/An/AAR-11 Modernised Pilot Night Vision Sensors (MTADS/MPNVS)
- 32 (R) AN/APR-48B Modernised Radar Frequency Interferometers
- 31 (R) and 9 (N) AAR-57 Common Missile Warning Systems plus 6 spares
- 72 (N) Embedded GPS with Inertial Navigation plus 16 spares
- 28 (R) and 9 (N) Manned-Unmanned Teaming-International (MUMTi) systems plus 7 spares
- 15 (N) MUMTi System Upper Receivers
Additional requests cover helmets, training devices and simulators, wheeled vehicles and support and maintenance provisions.