Seven Year Contracts for Three Separate Systems with Accessories
Sweden’s Defence Materiel Administration (FMV) has awarded a seven-year contract to Revision Military for the provision of Military Protective Eyewear Systems (MPES). Initial deliveries under the June 2020 award were made last month.
The MPES conform to rigorous specifications and customised demands made by Sweden, and include ballistic eyewear, low profile goggles, full coverage goggles, universal prescription carrier and ballistic laser protective lenses to protect against a variety of laser hazards. Revision partnered with Swedish company CRD Protection to pursue and secure a contract award with the FMV and assist with contract execution.
“We believe that the FMV has taken a forward-thinking, holistic approach to eye protection, choosing a suite of products and accessories to cover the wide variety of threats their soldiers may face, including advanced laser protection which has proven to be an increasing threat around the globe”, commented Revision CEO, Amy Coyne.
FMV chose three eyewear platforms for the contract along with the following accessories:
- SAWFLYR3 Eyewear System, featuring upgraded temple arms to improve fit, comfort and retention, and a revised brow design for improved helmet integration;
- BULLET ANT Goggle System, a dual lens goggle offering high-impact protection in a slim profile design;
- WOLFSPIDER Goggle System streamlines size, weight and design for comfort and equipment compatibility, without compromising on full-coverage ballistic protection;
- Prescription (Rx) Carrier, compatible with all three systems, offering a singular solution for correction vision;
- LazrBloc ballistic and laser protective lenses allow for easy integration of protection against laser hazards into eyewear systems.