Selected Industrial Views with Doug Kelliher, Vice President Product Management, Polartec
On the occasion of SHOT Show 2017, MILITARY TECHNOLOGY publishes the Second Annual Rugged Tactical Tools for Extreme Conditions (RTTEC) Series that conveys the thoughts and messages of the world’s tactical equipment leaders, according to the question: “As soldiers and Special Forces operators expect their gear to be 100% reliable, how do you step up to offer extremely durable, rugged gear to keep operations running?”
Polartec is the Science of Fabric. We build versatile fabrics solutions that are Warmer, Drier, Cooler, Safer. For any activity and any reason. We are a global producer of category-defining performance fabrics that offer both comfort and compliance. Polartec military systems are a full collection of fabrics that have been developed, tested and proven to perform above and beyond normal standards. Such as:
- Polartec HARDFACE, surface treatment is the finishing touch for durability. Polartec HARDFACE is a patented polymer surface treatment applied to enhance durability. Fused at the fibre level HARDFACE increases abrasion resistance and water repellency.
- Polartec DELTA is a cooling fabric technology that better utilises the body’s natural cooling process – SWEAT. DELTA works efficiently by elevation touch-points for increased airflow, faster moisture dispersal, and reduced wet-cling.
- Polartec POWER FILL for maximum warmth and sustainable comfort. Polartec POWER FILL is a premium solution for package insulation design needs. It is made from an industry-leading 80% post-consumer-recycled content. This proprietary platform provides greater warmth retention in colder conditions, without added weight or bulk – ideal for a variety of activities where body heat can’t ensure proper warmth.
- Polartec ALPHA was invented for the US Special Forces. They required a superior insulation system for extreme temperature variations and the start-stop conditions of combat. ALPHA active insulation is engineered for consistent warmth, while allowing greater breathability during activity. This air exchange technology creates sustained comfort without shedding layers, which isn’t an option during a mission.
- These, and other Polartec fabric platforms, including; Power Grid and a full line of Fire Resistant products, continue to be used by US Military. These are tested and proven, international, in a wide variety of active applications where durability, performance and quality are needed.
SHOT Show is showcasing the future of innovation across the tactical gear and weapons arena and http://www.monch.com/mpg/news/shot-show-2018.html brings together key developments from the show. For more information and a print version of the RTTEC series, please see MILITARY TECHNOLOGY #1/2018, available at the show; and frequently check back for more NEWS FROM THE FLOOR.