Still offering broad range of ultralight military vehicles
Polaris Industries yesterday announced the name change of its Polaris Defense business unit to Polaris Government & Defense effective immediately to better reflect the broader customer base that its vehicles, capabilities and technologies serve. This includes defence customers like US and allied military forces, as well as government organisations including federal, state and local agencies, and non-profits.
“We are proud to serve this devoted and mission-focused group of customers who make a difference, whether it is serving their country, their state, their counties or cities,” John Olson, PhD, Vice President and General Manager of Polaris Government & Defense, said. “This name change highlights our enduring dedication to providing the most capable, reliable, affordable, adaptable, and accessible light mobility vehicles in the world through easy procurement and full lifecycle service and support to government and defence customers everywhere.”
Polaris Government & Defense offers a broad range of ultralight military vehicles, commercial utility vehicles, and advanced capabilities from Polaris or through several other mechanisms, including the General Services Administration (GSA), Defense Logistics Agency (DLA), and National Joint Powers Alliance (NJPA). An established network supports Polaris’ government and defense customers world-wide with vehicle training, service and maintenance. All Polaris vehicles use robust commercial off-the-shelf components for agile and responsive support, intuitive operations and easier maintenance worldwide.
“We are a unique vehicle supplier in that we harness our 60-plus year legacy of off-road leadership, rich heritage of innovation, and vast commercial enterprise resources, along with a team of dedicated government, defence, and technology experts and operators to deliver the products our customers need to get their missions done,” Olson explained. “This winning combination of Polaris performance, procurement simplicity, premium service, training, support, and sustainment results in a best-value for government and defence customers.”
Polaris Government & Defense vehicles, technologies and services include:
- MRZR – Flexible militarised vehicle platform in gas or diesel that can be configured to fulfil rapid personnel deployment, casualty evacuation and supply transport missions with seating for up to six
- DAGOR – Military platform that expands upon the range, payload and off-road mobility of previous tactical light off-road vehicles carrying up to nine while still being helicopter transportable
- RANGER – Versatile gas and diesel utility vehicles that can seat up to six, haul up to 1,250lbs in the dumping cargo box, and can be customized with an extensive catalogue of accessories, including fire skids, police and emergency lighting, full cabs, heaters, plows, and tracks
- BRUTUS – Dependable diesel utility vehicle with power take-off attachment options, seating for two, fully enclosed cab with heat and A/C options, and the ability to haul up to 1,250lbs in the dumping cargo box and tow up to 2,000 pounds
- MV 850 – Single rider militarised all-terrain vehicle with rugged front and rear metal racks
- GENERAL – Side-by-side utility vehicle that seats up to four and hauls up to 600lbs in the rear dump box
- SPORTSMAN – Single seat all-terrain vehicle
- ACE – Single-seat all-terrain vehicle with a rollover protection system
- Primordial – GROUND GUIDANCE software provides on- and off-road routing for mounted and dismounted soldiers, accounting for terrain, weather, enemy activity and equipment load
- Training and Support – A practical and scalable approach to lifecycle vehicle service and support provides an extremely high level of support at a relatively low cost.