Already qualified on MIRAGE 2000
To meet the needs of air forces worldwide, Thales, in coordination with the French defence procurement agency (DGA), has developed the capabilities of the BAT-120, a combat proven weapon system already qualified on the Dassault MIRAGE 2000. The laser-guided BAT-120 is a precision strike weapon, reasonably sized that can be carried in large numbers on the aircraft’s wing pylons to fight all types of fixed or mobile targets (lightly armoured or unarmoured vehicles, and fast vessels). “Whatever the threat, the ground precision strike helps to reduce operational risk and collateral damages and to protect the armed forces,” the company boasts.
At Paris Air Show 2017, Thales’ laser guided munitions are presented across multiple booths:
- Laser guided induction rocket (ACULEUS LG) on the French Ministry of Armed Forces’ booth close to the TIGER helicopter
- Laser guided rockets (ACULEUS LG et FZ275LGR) on Airbus helicopter booth
- Induction rocket systems (TELSON 12CA) on Dassault booth beneath RAFALE
- Induction rocket system (TELSON 12CA) on Textron booth beneath SCORPION
- Laser guided induction rocket (ACULEUS LG) and induction rocket system (TELSON 12CA) on Alkan booth
- 2.75’’ laser guided rocket (FZ 275LG) and its family of 2.75’’ rockets on Belgian booth
- Laser guided induction rocket (ACULEUS LG) and induction rocket system (TELSON 2) on Issoire Aviation booth beneath Cheelar
- Laser guided bomb (BAT120) on the French Ministry of Armed Forces’ booth beneath MIRAGE 2000
- And the complete family of Thales laser guided munitions and induction rockets (ACULEUS) on Thales booth
The BAT-120 is also presented on the MIRAGE 2000 combat aircraft on the French Ministry of Armed Forces’ pavilion (Flight Test Centre area).