Targeting North America and Strategic Global Markets
NP Aerospace has extended its Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) portfolio with the launch of a next-generation Bomb Disposal Suit, targeting North America and other strategic global markets, the company announced on 1 December.
The new 4030 ELITE Bomb Disposal Suit and Helmet System is the result of extensive collaboration with EOD operators and uses advanced technology to meet the requirements of the US National Institute of Justice Public Safety Bomb Suit standard NIJ 0117.01 – with which it is compliant: certification is currently in progress. It introduces a new approach to EOD protection, delivering superior survivability and enhanced ergonomics at a reduced weight. The 4030 ELITE provides a scalable platform, one in which communications and cooling systems can be integrated within the base suit without full-scale upgrades – a cost efficiency benefit for defence and security organisations.
NP Aerospace entered the EOD market in 2004 with a bomb disposal suit designed for British forces in Northern Ireland and has expanded its presence with multiple global customers.
Key enhancements to the 4030 ELITE include:
• New suit and frontal armour plate design, delivering 360° protection, with seamless coverage of critical areas;
• Enhanced fit and mobility, enabling extended wear and access in confined spaces;
• Advanced helmet design for enhanced optical performance and impact protection;
• Increased size range to fit 5th percentile female to 99th percentile male operators;
• Additional safety features for fast, emergency suit removal (less than 30 sec);
• User-configurable with full system integration (communications, cooling, CBRN).
“NP Aerospace has an extensive EOD heritage designing and manufacturing bomb suits for global customers. Our new 4030 ELITE continues that heritage and allows us to target customers requiring NIJ compliance with a cost-effective, high-performance solution. Operators and procurement teams are looking for the high levels of blast protection and enhanced mobility, which NP Aerospace suits provide while ticking the boxes on budget […] The 4030 ELITE offers a highly modular and scalable system, with the option to build and accessorize the suit around the user’s requirements. It also provides excellent ergonomics and dexterity due to our patents in flexible armour construction. This has been a major development and we are looking forward to the next phase in our EOD growth,” commented CEO James Kempston.