Supporting the USMC Mission
Elbit Systems of America showcases its portfolio of advanced technology and ground combat solutions offered to the United States Marine Corps (USMC) at the 2017 Modern Day Marine Exposition, taking place this week at Marine Corps Base Quantico, VA/USA, in tent A, booth 1211.
“We are committed to helping Marines achieve overwhelming advantage and mission success,” Raanan Horowitz, President and CEO of Elbit Systems of America, said. “Our company’s advanced technologies, capabilities, and solutions contribute to helping the USMC keep America safe.”
The company’s advanced technologies, capabilities, and solutions showcased include:
- 360-degree situational awareness for ground combat vehicles: IronVision, a vehicle helmet mounted display system, enables vehicle crews to “see-through” armor, helping overcome inherent visibility limitations while improving mission efficiency and safety with command and control, sensor fusion, and fire control.
- Precision targeting for enhanced mission effectiveness: Common Laser Range Finder-Integrated Capacity (CLRF-IC) is an electro-optical, hand-held tactical laser range finder system that helps Marines detect, identify, and locate targets during daylight or in low-light situations;
- Precision targeting for enhanced mission effectiveness: Remote Weapon Station (RWS) and remotely operated turrets for light- and medium-caliber weapons allow crewmembers to load weapons, identify, and engage targets in a closed-hatch vehicle. The advanced RWS system can be installed on ground combat vehicles or sea-based combat platforms;
- Precision targeting for enhanced mission effectiveness: SkyStriker is a cost-effective loitering munition that is capable of long-range, precise tactical strikes. Sky-Striker improves situational awareness and survivability by providing direct-fire aerial precision capabilities to maneuvering ground forces. It offers quick deployment and ease of operation in the field, providing forces with the ability to observe and identify targets before delivering rapid, precision airstrikes.
- Enhanced satellite navigation systems for GPS degraded environments: The Immune Satellite Navigation System (iSNS) provides full jamming immunity for multiple satellite channels and manages multiple interfering signals and/or jammers operating on concurrent frequencies. By delivering a unique level of flexibility, the system works with most GPS equipped receivers and requires minimal integration effort. The iSNS modular form factor adapts to most military air, land, and sea platforms.