Convoy Protection with Seamless Transition to Fixed Site
Liteye Systems unveiled the Trailer Anti-UAS Defense System (T-AUDS) on 18 August. The multi-domain awareness and protection package offers users the facility to detect and defeat RF-controlled or silent-flight drones while mobile, then to transit from on-the-move to static operations in under two minutes, providing full capabilities for protection of fixed locations.
Liteye has integrated AUDS and Citadel’s TITAN 3 RF detection into T-AUDS for enhanced detection, identification and defeat capabilities across the full C-UAS mission. T-AUDS provides robust on-the-move and static C-UAS capabilities, including physical stand-off when necessary, minimizing vulnerabilities during the most strategic mission sets.
Integration of these key sensors and effectors on a T-AUDS provides:
- C-UAS protection during on-the-move operations, transition to fixed site security, and during sustained fixed site or operating base protection missions;
- Detection, tracking, identification and defeat of both RF-controlled and ‘silent flight’ threats;
- Compatibility with C-AUDS and MEDUSA command and control;
- Vehicle on-the-move C-UAS protection (max speed determined by towing vehicle; system can detect and defeat RF-controlled threats at any speed);
- Minimised vulnerability when transitioning from on-the-move to static operations;
- Radar, camera detection, tracking and positive ID occurs quickly with robust directional jamming;
- Remote or wireless operation coupled with the easily manoeuvred trailer provides physical stand-off of T-AUDS from the operator and/or protected areas when necessary.
T-AUDS consists of combat-proven Technology Readiness Level (TRL) 9 components currently operational in the USAF Containerized-AUDS systems. It also incorporates the proven Citadel TITAN 3 RF detection and defeat system as an added layer of capability.
Liteye’s US-based AUDS design is a backbone for C-UAS solutions and is layered with multiple capabilities to detect, track, identify and defeat malicious threats. Citadel’s TITAN 3 technology applies artificial intelligence and machine learning to reliably detect, identify and defeat unauthorised drones operating across the electromagnetic spectrum. Together, these companies are leaders in the US counter-drone market. Liteye has delivered over $100 million in services and products to the US government to date.
“The Liteye AUDS system is multi-domain and multi-mission. Using this system, operators can detect more than just small UAS, they can positively ID air and ground targets, classify and track their RF signature, pass this positively identified target data to other weapon systems, C2 systems, or simply defeat or deny the target with an on-board electronic attack capability,” commented Ryan Hurt, Liteye VP of Business Development, adding that the company believes “[…] the combination of sensors and effectors, especially when integrated into higher-level C2 systems like MEDUSA, provide the most comprehensive on-the-move and fixed site protection capability against UAS threats available today.”
“By combining the technologies of both companies, our customers get access to some of the deepest and strongest capabilities in the industry,” explained Chris Williams, CEO of Citadel Defense. “We have coalesced our efforts for efficiency and effectiveness to get a superior suite of counter-UAS capabilities downrange.”
The combined system provides an on-the-move 360° defensive capability, while multiple layers of detection, classification and positive identification provide high levels of situational awareness and protection. The combination of electronic attack options for the operator provides both sophisticated machine learning high fidelity frequency defeat and robust directional broadband defeat mechanisms to ensure protection from the most serious threats.