Space, C4I, Missiles and Counter-UAS Systems on Show
Rafael Advanced Defense Systems will use LAAD 2019 to showcase a wide variety of solutions for current and future Brazilian military and internal security programmes. Latin America is already a significant market for the company, which is seeking to expand its presence in the region.
Rafael’s capabilities provide military and police forces with ‘collector-to-effector’ solutions for urban warfare and homeland security missions: an infrastructure of highly accurate and reliable airborne and ground sensors for surveillance, reconnaissance, tactical intelligence and big data analysis, as well as tailor-made technologies to close the circle and enable accurate and effective neutralisation of threats with minimum collateral damage.
The company has established a solution to offer Brazil a modern, agile, cost-effective system for on-demand, high-resolution imaging from space, providing a strategic national capability for military and civilian purposes, in support of current and future security challenges. During the evolution of the programme, Rafael provide support for new concepts for modern surveillance, big data analysis, imagery analysis, cyber security and more.
Solutions to be showcased and demonstrated during the show include:
- SPYDER SR/MR – family of short- and medium-range air defence systems using the i-DERBY and PYTHON-5 missiles;
- DRONE DOME – counter-unmanned aerial system (C-UAS) solution recently supplied to the British armed forces, designed to detect, track and neutralise drones either by jamming their communication or destroying them using a high-powered laser;
- SPIKE – family of multi-purpose, multi-platform, tactical guided missile systems for ranges of 150 m to 30 km. Sold to 31 nations, with 30,000 missiles delivered and 5,500 fired in test and combat, SPIKE is being offered to equip Brazilian Army Aviation FENNEC and PANTERA helicopters, in collaboration with local aeronautics company Akaer;
- SPIKE FIREFLY – a revolutionary, innovative miniature electro-optical tactical loitering munition, designed for light manoeuvring ground forces;
- LITENING 5 – a new-generation navigation and targeting pod featuring advanced high-resolution sensors for effective stand-off identification and targeting;
- RECCELITE XR – real-time multi-spectral airborne reconnaissance system for stand-in and stand-off missions;
- PYTHON-5 – a full-sphere infrared air-to-air and air defence missile;
- I-DERBY – a beyond-visual-range air-to-air and air defence missile with a software defined radar seeker;
- SPICE 2000, 1000, 250 – a family of stand-off air-to-ground gliding bombs based on unique scene-matching technology for precision strike at ranges of up to 100 km;
- BNET – a family of broadband mobile ad-hoc network (MANET) IP software defined radios for ground and air applications;
- CYBER DOME – a patented one-of-a-kind holistic suite of cyber defence solutions offering multiple layers of defence;
- LITESAT – a high-performance low-cost microsatellite system, suitable for dual military and civilian use.
Rafael continues to be committed to a strategy to engage and cooperate with local companies by forming joint ventures and partnerships to enhance local production, thereby supporting the local economies.