Scalable, agile & adaptive Performance-Based Training solutions for mission readiness within multi-domains
On booth #1748, Cubic Global Defense (CGD) demonstrates its broad portfolio of training solutions for accelerated performance. With the theme of “Harnessing New Technologies to Win in a Complex World,” this year’s conference is led by the US Army.
“Military readiness is becoming increasingly more important as the US and our partner nations’ armed forces move toward a more integrated, multi-domain environment, “ Dave Buss, President of CGD, explains at the show. “Driven by our NextTraining strategy, we look forward to demonstrating our cost-effective and dynamic Performance-Based Training solutions featuring predictive analytical tools that measure real training outcomes our customers seek. These solutions are the science behind the art of warfighting that will enable us to continue improving training readiness to fulfill the needs of our customers.”
Cubic’s scalable technologies deliver quantifiable results and predictive analysis to accelerate training efficiency and improve overall readiness through individual and collective engagement. At I/ITSEC, Cubic exhibits the following NextTraining innovations:
– Augmented Reality (AR) Training: Geopairing is the next-generation simulation that evaluates weapon effects down-range, based on real-time weapon attitude (bearing, elevation), shooter and target(s) location. Cubic showcases geopairing overlaid with augmented reality audio/visual, which brings transformational change to the training environments’ hit and battlefield effects.
– Ground Live Combat Training – Geopairing and Multi-Code: Cubic provides live ground combat maneuver training solutions for training and mission rehearsal exercises. “Our systems allow troops to train like they fight, in a realistic battlefield environment to sustain and improve upon their advanced tactical engagement skills against an opposing force,” Mr Buss continues. The training is conducted in the field, providing a high level of realism, enforcing correct procedures and yielding outcomes that would be expected in actual operations.
– Cross-Domain Live, Virtual and Constructive (LVC) Training: Cubic is a provider of air combat training systems, commonly referred to as Air Combat Maneuvering Instrumentation (ACMI). “Aircrews worldwide rely on our systems to help them train for combat missions more effectively and with less risk,” the industry executive explains.
– Next-Generation Exercise Control (EXCON) and After Action Review (AAR): CATS Metrix is a sophisticated software product for EXCON and AAR used by operators and instructors to plan, conduct, control, monitor, record, debrief and evaluate live force-on-force training from squad to brigade level. CATS Metrix provides automated operator support to evaluate defined goals, doctrines and tactics during a live exercise, resulting in an AAR with feedback to the exercise unit, highlighting areas of exceptional performance, and deficiencies to be corrected.
– Virtual and Immersive Training – SYN-ISR: Synthetic Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (SYN-ISR) supports joint exercises by providing customisable virtual environments with a variety of manned and unmanned sensor feeds. SYN-ISR provides a mobile LVC application that injects live players into the rich geo-specific virtual environment. Cubic showcases its demo and videos of SYN-ISR, by leveraging existing architecture funded via DARPA, to provide a capability currently in high demand.
– Virtual and Immersive Training – Squad VTB: Squad Virtual Test Bed (VTB) provides a realistic virtual environment allowing users to evaluate different infantry focused technologies proposed for development, using commercial off-the-shelf platforms. Squad VTB is used to support the combat and materials developers, as well as research and development programmes such as DARPA Squad X. It is used for testing concepts and systems cheaply and quickly, with relevant metrics to help performers innovate and iterate on their ideas.
– Combined Arms Training: Cubic demonstrates its LVC simulation in the ground domain with Multiple Integrated Laser Engagement System (MILES) and Area Weapons Effects Simulators (AWES) aided by Virtual Battlespace (VBS) 3 using Cubic’s translator technology. This training solution integrates form, fit and function equipment used by exercising soldiers in the field.
– Cyberspace Training – Social Media: Social Media Analytics Replication Toolkit (SMART) provides the tools to create social media content within a scalable, dynamic LVC environment for use by Information Operations and Intelligence Analysts in multilevel training exercises.
– Agile and Adaptive Training: Cubic provides integrated learning development environments that support agile content creation for modular learning with embedded assessments and delivered through mobile devices. These training technologies are a cost-effective means for large-scale training and can dramatically improve learning, retention and performance.
Cubic is also participating in I/ITSEC’s Operation Blended Warrior (OBW) event for the third consecutive year with its Social Media Analytic Replication Toolkit to integrate Twitter, Instagram and Facebook newsfeed replicas during OBW scenarios, to highlight visualisation and walkthrough of authoring tools and dynamic scripting capabilities.