Most recent version of its terrain database generation software
At I/ITSEC 2016 on 28 November, TerraSim, a Bohemia Interactive Solutions company, announced the release of TerraTools 5.3, the most recent version of its terrain database generation software. The release addresses maintenance updates and bug fixes in addition to new features, plus enhancements for JCATS and VBS terrain export.
· New TerraTools OMNIWIZARD data processing options for point, linear and area model reference data
· New processing nodes automatically process and place vegetation, buildings, structures and power line models in the user environment
· Combine imagery nodes to simplify processing multiple satellite images
· Batch Mode Manager improvements and analysis tools to monitor and assess production times and troubleshoot issues on larger data sets
· Support for VBS3 3.9.2 and VBS IG 2.3
· Import P3D models twice as fast
· Export JCATS improvements
Also announced were new distributing processing capabilities for TerraTools 5.3, enabling the building of multiple terrain tiles on a single workstation, thus generating massive environments even more rapidly. This maximises productivity while decreasing terrain production times by 50% or more.