Virtual to live training
Rockwell Collins showcases everything from virtual, mixed and augmented reality, to transportable and full-flight simulators, to live training, at booth #2300. The company introduces the COALESCENCE mixed reality system, a wearable mixed reality training for air, land, and sea domains; alongside Integrated Digital Vision Systems (IDVS) wearable augmented reality (AR) for soldier training.
During Operation “Blended Warrior,” Rockwell Collins is a leading participant coordinating with over 50 participants on the show floor. The company’s scenarios demonstrate how to train to respond to a growing crisis dealing with insurgent activity and near-peer hostile interference across air, land, sea, and cyber domains.
At I/ITSEC 2016, Rockwell Collins showcases:
- Virtual reality-based distance learning – 100% immersive training provides most realistic experience, anywhere, without the costs of travel
- Matrix projectors – some of the brightest, most true-to-life image quality in the simulation industry
- Live, Virtual, Constructive training – comprehensive, interoperable, secure and available today
- Joint Secure Air Combat Training System (JSAS) – next-generation system for secure, tactically relevant operational training
- RealFires transportable trainer – mobile targeting training
- MILS certified encryptionRadar simulation – realistic sensor training, lower cost of ownership
- Helmet-mounted display waveguide – next generation wearable high fidelity devices for head-up immersive training
- CORE simulation architecture – customizable open architecture lowers risk and enhances training
- WholeEarth synthetic environment – one of the highest resolution complete Earth databases in the industry
- EP-8100 – image generator with great realism and performance
- Virtual Avionics Procedures Trainer (VAPT) – reduces the cost of pilot training
For more information please see MILITARY TECHNOLOGY #12/2016, available at the show on booth #2729; and frequently check back for more NEWS FROM THE FLOOR.