Agile Training Solutions for Accelerated Performance
Cubic Global Defense (CGD), a business unit of Cubic, will demonstrate next-generation solutions for performance-based training. On booth #1549, CGD will showcase its wide range of innovative technologies and solutions that make up its NextTraining strategy at I/ITSEC 2016.
As the world’s largest modelling, simulation and training conference, I/ITSEC is celebrating its 50th anniversary with the theme, “Pushing the Training Envelope: Live-Virtual-Constructive (LVC),” led by the United States Air Force (USAF).
Cubic is a key player in I/ITSEC’s Operation Blended Warrior (OBW) event for the second consecutive year since its inauguration last year. The OBW event demonstrates new LVC capabilities while documenting LVC integration and execution challenges in a common environment.
“In today’s complex global environment, our military customers face new security challenges every day. Military readiness has never been more critical to the ability of security forces to carry out their difficult missions,” Dave Buss, President of CDS, explained. “In order to meet the needs of our customers, Cubic delivers innovative and adaptive training solutions essential to prepare our warfighters. Our NextTraining strategy, to provide mission readiness solutions to meet real-world challenges, enables our warfighters with the capabilities to ‘train-as-they-fight’ in every warfare domain.”
Cubic’s high-velocity learning solutions offer diverse methods of training that provide objective metrics with quantifiable results in a cost-effective manner, while being tailored to each customers’ needs. At I/ITSEC, Cubic exhibits the following NextTraining technologies that provide agile training solutions for accelerated performance:
- Augmented Reality: Geometric pairing is the next-generation simulation that evaluates weapon effects down-range, based on real-time weapon attitude (bearing, elevation), shooter and target(s) location. Cubic showcases geometric pairing overlaid with augmented reality audio/visual, which brings transformational change to the training environments’ hit and battlefield effects.
- Ground Combat Training: Cubic demonstrates its live and virtual simulation in the ground domain with Multiple Integrated Laser Engagement System (MILES) and Area Weapons Effects Simulators (AWES) aided by Virtual Battlespace (VBS) 3 using Cubic’s translator technology. This training solution integrates form, fit and function equipment used by exercising soldiers in the field.
- Air Combat Training: Cubic has teamed with USAF Research Laboratory (AFRL), industry and combat air forces for four LVC demonstrations of realistic real-world missions. According to the company, Cubic is paving the way for next-generation air combat training with Cubic’s F-35 P5 Internal Subsystem and Cubic Miniature Encryptor — a low cost, low risk, form fit addition to legacy P5 pods and training range ground stations. These Air Combat Maneuvering Instrumentation (ACMI) enhancements will solve training interoperability deficiencies between fourth- and fifth-generation aircraft.
- LVC Solutions: Cubic provides LVC training solutions across branches of the military in multiple international locations. These live and synthetic combat training simulations, include ACMI for jet fighters around the world; instrumentation on every soldier and marine executing LVC force-on-force and maneuver training; and high-fidelity simulators and game-based training for sailors.
- Immersive Training: Cubic’s innovative virtual reality(VR)-based solution evaluates the behaviour and actions of individuals to improve associated memory recall and subsequent actions during operationally relevant tasks. Cubic’s squad-level virtual test bed enhances operational mission readiness by providing a virtual training environment to conduct mission planning and rehearsal tasks prior to executing combat operations.
- Agile and Adaptive Training: Cubic provides integrated learning development environments, which support agile content creation for modular learning with embedded assessments and delivered through mobile devices. These training technologies are a cost-effective means for large-scale training and can dramatically improve learning, retention and performance.
- Social Media: Social Media Replication Toolkit System (SMRTS) provides the tools to create social media content within a scalable, dynamic LVC environment for use by Information Operations and Intelligence Analysts in multilevel training exercises.
- Virtual Training: Virtual Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (V-ISR) supports joint exercises by providing customisable virtual environments with a variety of manned and unmanned sensor feeds. V-ISR provides a mobile LVC application that injects live players into the rich, geo-specific virtual environment.
- Operation Blended Warrior Overwatch: Cubic’s Image Generator (IG) solution is an advanced, physics-based 3-D rendered environment in which cutting-edge graphic engine technology is delivered to a trainee by a display medium. Cubic’s Stealth Viewer demonstrates the immersive capability of this IG solution.
For more information please see MILITARY TECHNOLOGY #12/2016, available at the show on booth #2729; and frequently check back for more NEWS FROM THE FLOOR.