Wide Range of Advanced Technologies on Show
At FIDAE 2018 in Santiago de Chile this week Rockwell Collins will be promoting a series of innovations for cockpit and communications solutions aimed at enlarging its customer base in Latin America.
“The region’s need to fight transnational threats and protect their sovereignty continues to be a priority, and we’re in a position to help our customers take that next step to transform how they fly, improve how they communicate and enhance the way they train while significantly reducing their life cycle costs,” commented the company’s Vice President and Managing Director – Americas, Alan Prowse.
Highlights for Rockwell Collins at FIDAE include:
• Announcing the appointment of new leadership for the Latin American region
• New contract with the Brazilian Air Force to upgrade avionics on inspection aircraft
• A new service contract to support avionics on Brazilian Army military helicopters
• Contract renewal of ARINCDirect Flight Support Services for a special transport group fleet in Brazil
Rockwell Collins products on display will include:
• COALESCENCE augmented mixed reality system: merges the trainee’s real-world view with a synthetic environment for a whole new way to effectively train in seamless, enhanced mixed reality
• Virtual Avionics Procedures Trainer: aircrew procedural training for C-130 and P-3 aircraft that uses actual aircraft avionics software
• Next-Generation Cockpit Display System with HeliSure flight situational awareness solutions: helicopter upgrade platform system that enables crews to operate in tough, all-weather environments while increasing safety
• Ground and airborne communications products for assured, all-terrain, long range, high bandwidth capabilities
• Government Aviation Services: a comprehensive suite of flight support services that provide mission connectivity, cockpit connectivity and mission support services to meet the specific needs of government agencies
• FireStorm: a combat-proven modular targeting system with high accuracy, interoperable with virtually all coalition aircraft, field artillery systems and C2 centre battle managers
• OXYJUMP: an oxygen supply system for executing high altitude jump missions, enabling the user to focus on the mission at hand and not on his or her equipment