Available as Internal, Scab-on, Pylon-mounted or Podded Solutions
Terma has announced that its Advanced Countermeasures Dispenser System (ACMDS), designed to coordinate, integrate, and operate expendable countermeasures payloads, is now available in a new re-engineered and upgraded version with advanced operational capabilities and increased reliability, while still maintaining its highly competitive price level.
Key system capabilities include:
- Compatible with legacy Terma and third party dispenser systems (no Group-A changes);
- Fully in-country organic reprogrammable;
- Smart Stores Communication Interface for support of new generation of expendables;
- Improved mixed payload capability;
- Intelligent inventory management;
- Class-leading operational capabilities;
- New platform-adaptable, hardware-controlled safety features.
The dispenser suite is controlled through Terma’s AN/ALQ-213 EW Management Unit or Defensive Aids Controller, which provides a reprogramming interface, automatic decision support for the pilot in a threat environment, built-in training capability, and full EW/ASE suite control, as desired.In addition to the standard dispenser assemblies, the ACMDS components have been integrated in airborne structures as internal, scab-on, pylon-mounted and podded solutions. ACMDS is now operational on both fighter aircraft and helicopters in Belgium, the Netherlands, and Denmark: the legacy system has been combat proven through operational service for more than 25 years with a demonstrated mean time between failure value of >18,000 hours.
The new ACMDS digital sequencer switch includes a new Smart Stores Communication Interface (SSCI), which enables in-flight pre-launch programming of smart stores, including multi-shot cartridges, expendable active decoys (EAD), and hard-kill expendables.