Also RWS, C4ISR, Air Defence and Helicopter Upgrade Solutions
With an emphasis on air superiority, Rafael Advanced Defense Systems’ exhibit at Expodefensa in Bogotá this week will include combat-proven air-to-air and air-to-surface missile systems, as well as reconnaissance and targeting pods, such as LITENING and RECCELITE, which are among the several solutions already adopted by and successfully integrated onto operational platforms around the world.
Systems on show will include:
- SPYDER – a family of air defence systems incorporating PYTHON-5 and I-DERBY for short, medium, and long-range protection;
- Helicopter Armament Upgrade – an air-launched element of the SPIKE missile family that offers ultra-long stand-off ranges and enhanced lethality in a relatively lightweight package, extending mission endurance;
- Advanced Weapon Stations – the SAMSON family of high-performance RWS have been adapted worldwide to a broad range of tracked and wheeled platforms, accommodating diverse weapons, turret and sensors;
- BNET – the software-defined radio family is a broadband IP-based tactical communications suite with vehicular (BNET-V), man-pack (BNET-MP) and handheld (BNET-HH) variants, as well as connectivity for aircraft (BNET-AR(. In October 2021, the company also unveiled BNET Nano, small enough to fit within the palm of a soldier’s hand. The system ensures high-speed, low-delay, reliable connectivity for broadband data, voice, and video on the move in the VHF/UHF frequency bands;
- SKYSPOTTER – a passive early warning solution that employs highly sensitive medium- and short-wavelength IR (MWIR/SWIR) and VIS sensors to enhance overall aerial situational awareness and defence, with a high probability of detection and a very low false alarm rate;
- CYBER DOME – a multi-layered defence architecture designed for handling multi-classification information – operating alongside SCADA DOME, designed to protect supervisory control and data acquisition systems housing national and military infrastructures – are optimal solutions for critical infrastructure protection. Both systems can be customised to a customer’s individual operational requirements.