Weapons, Sensors, Mounts and Countermeasures
Rafael Advanced Defense Systems will highlight its unique 360° multi-layered maritime defence solutions suite during the EURONAVAL Online event this week.
The company’s virtual booth will feature the following solutions among others, all based on years of experience and in-depth operational knowledge in all naval domains.
• TYPHOON C-UAS Naval Remote Weapon Station – this capitalises on Rafael’s long-standing TYPHOON family of combat-proven and incorporates a diverse mix of synchronised smart multi-spectral sensors, weapons and intelligent effectors that translate to very high hit accuracies. These include automatic target recognition, classification and tracking (ATR) capabilities;
• Naval SPIKE ER missile, comprising a lightweight, compact and stabilised turret with four missiles and a fire control system for effective ranges of up to 8km. The system enables very fast sensor-to-shooter loop closure in day/night defensive and offensive scenarios;
• Naval SPIKE NLOS enables stand-off of up to 25km with pinpoint accuracy, providing surface-to-surface fire support or targeting for a wide range of naval platforms. Allowing maximum operational flexibility, the system’s capabilities include real-time tactical intelligence gathering, in-flight target switching and mission abort, and integration with the ship’s own C2 systems.
• Naval EW solutions supporting all EW-related tasks for modern combat vessels, from situational awareness and ELINT to electronic protection and attack. Assisted by AI algorithms, such solutions enable automatic or minimal man-in the-loop operation of all EW tasks:
o C-GEM was designed to deceive the most advanced seekers of modern anti-ship missiles (ASM). Modern coherent radar seekers employ chaff and corner reflector discrimination algorithms, based primarily on range/Doppler target analysis. The C-GEM rocket generates a legitimate and attractive target within seconds of launch; it can be integrated into any existing or planned decoy launch system;
o SEWS-DV incorporates state-of-the-art technologies such as C-PEARL-DV digital wideband, multi-bit receivers that directly sample RF and automatically analyse radar signals. Integrated with C-PEARL-DV is the DIGITAL SHARK digital RF memory ECM, which incorporates solid-state array transmitters (SSAT) with Gallium Nitride (GaN)-based amplifiers, providing for exceptional reliability, high effective radiated power and simultaneous handling of multiple ASM threats over 6-40GHz.
• TORBUSTER – a 4th-generation decoy combining both soft- and hard-kill capabilities, forming part of a comprehensive self-defence solution against all types of acoustic homing torpedoes, protecting both submarines and surface vessels in deep and shallow waters. TORBUSTER is the first active operational hard-kill torpedo defense countermeasure.