Performance Proven in Recent Selections and Contracts
At ENFORCE TAC in Nürnberg next week, FN Herstal will focus visitor attention on its proven SCAR family of weapons.
Designed to the most demanding specifications drawn up by US Special Forces, tested and used operationally by a number of nations, the SCAR is not just a single rifle; it is an entire family that provides an optimum solution for a variety of military and security missions.
• The FN SCAR-L (5.56x45mm/.223) and SCAR-H (7.62x51mm/.308) rifles, able to mount the FN40GL grenade launcher, are for front-line missions;
• The SCAR-SC subcompact carbines, available in 5.56x45mm/.223 or 7.62x35mm/.300 BLK calibres, are suitable for carriage and use in confined spaces;
• The 7.62x51mm/.308 SCAR-H PR and TPR precision rifles provide long-range accuracy with rapid semi-auto or selective fire for designated marksmen or sniper teams.
The proven performance of the SCAR family, combined with unlimited configuration modularity and flexibility, means that there is an ideal FN SCAR for every user.
Recent major contracts for the family include the Belgian Integrated Police Force’s selection of the .300 BLK SCAR-SC with KeyMod receiver for its new shoulder-fired weapon, and an order for the semi-automatic SCAR-H PR precision rifle with fixed buttstock as the French Army’s new sniper rifle. For two contracts, the company will also provide a comprehensive package of FN-qualified accessories that meet the end-users’ specific requirements.
Alongside small calibre firearms, FN Herstal proposes two ‘e-novation’ solutions that greatly increase hit probability:
• The FN Ballistic Calculator attaches to the accessory rail of any sniper or marksman rifle and provides an advanced, compact and high-performance weapon-mounted rangefinder;
• The FCU Mk3 Fire Control Unit optimises first-round hit probability when firing 40mm LV/MV grenades.
Both solutions include visible and IR lasers among their additional features.