Telefunken RACOMS Becomes Elbit Systems Deutschland
Elbit Systems has strengthened its business operations in Germany, rebranding its wholly-owned German subsidiary Telefunken RACOMS as Elbit Systems Deutschland GmbH & Co. KG, the company announced on 1 October. The company will be managed by Thomas Nützel, who has served as the CEO of Telefunken RACOMS for the past 10 years and will fill the same role for Elbit Systems Deutschland.
With a long tradition of providing high-quality solutions to the German Armed Forces, RACOMS has focused in recent years on diversifying, leveraging its research and development capabilities as well as its engineering and manufacturing excellence. Growing steadily, it has been adding to its Ulm-based operations a range of technologies from across the Elbit Systems portfolio, including: Electro-Optics, Electronic Warfare, Direct Infra-Red Countermeasures, Software-Defined Radio, Cyber, Unmanned Systems, Command & Control and others.
“We see a great potential for growth as we continue to broaden the range of our offering, expand our engineering workforce while addressing requirements for German sovereignty. We intend to further expand existing co-operations with the German industry and explore new ones,” Nützel stated.
Elbit Systems‘ presence in the German market has enabled it to successfully engage in several national defence programmes, including:
- Supplier of HF solutions for the Army, Special Forces and Air Force;
- Supplying a range of E-LynX tactical software-defined radio systems in handheld and vehicular configurations, installed onboard various combat vehicles including the PUMA IFV;
- Providing a variety of advanced electro-optic systems such as night vision goggles, thermal weapon sights, target designators, laser rangefinders, thermal imagers and more;
- Developing and supplying Directional Infra-Red Countermeasure (DIRCM) systems together with Diehl BGT Defense for the Luftwaffe‘s A400M aircraft;
- Providing the Luftwaffe‘s CH‑53 GS/GE transport helicopters with unified digital Radar Warning Receivers (RWR) and EW Controllers (EWC);
- Supply SkyVis Helmet Mounted Display System (HMDS) to the German Federal Police (BPOL) for their new H215 helicopters.
“Germany is an important market for Elbit Systems. We have been operating in Germany for more than a decade, proudly supporting the German armed forces, diligently building our engineering base and developing co-operations with local industry. Elbit Systems Deutschland is led by an excellent team, and I am confident that it will continue to steadily grow and play an increasingly meaningful part in Germany’s technological and industrial base,” commented Bezhalel Machlis, Elbit Systems President & CEO.