Programme Seeks to Leverage World-Class Expertise for Effective New Solutions
In early April engineers, scientists and industrialists gathered in London for the launch of BAE Systems’ strategic university partnership programme, which seeks initially to leverage the world class expertise of five UK universities in the development of effective technology solutions.
- Cranfield University (UAS, avionics testing)
- University of Birmingham (quantum sensing, virtual reality, immersive systems)
- University of Manchester (novel materials, advanced manufacturing)
- University of Southampton (sound and vibration, artificial intelligence, data fusion, maritime technologies)
- University of Strathclyde (non-destructive testing)
“We are hoping that stronger collaborations with these specialist universities will help BAE Systems ensure its customers can maintain a military advantage over their potential adversaries in the future. The partnerships will also boost the UK’s defence industrial skills base by supporting the next generation of engineers and scientists,” Andy Wright, the company’s UK Strategic technology Director, commented.