Plasan: Israeli Technology and American Innovation
Plasan is an international company with research and development and manufacturing facilities in Israel, the US and France, in addition to a broader partner network. The company is known for providing the world’s leading combat and tactical platforms with advanced armour solutions. Plasan North America (PNA) supports this reputation with a local, US-based manufacturing capability that offers comprehensive solutions for armour, composite and commercial steel fabrication.
The close relationship between PNA and its parent company, Plasan Sasa, Ltd., allows for a rapid entry path for innovative Israeli technology to the US marketplace. The relationship gives PNA ‘reach back’ capability to the nearly 100 engineers and scientists working to solve the most challenging survivability problems. The group has designed over 400 different armour solutions for tactical and combat vehicles, maritime and airborne platforms and critical asset protection.
Contracts recently awarded and programmes executed by Plasan, illustrating the breadth of the company’s solutions, include:
- Phase I demonstration effort, with the US Army Vehicle Protection Systems Program, to demonstrate Plasan’s RAZOR A-ERA technology for defeating unique threats;
- Teamed with Loc Performance, Plasan was selected by the US Army to develop and supply an Improved Underbelly Mine Protection Solution for the BRADLEY IFV;
- Plasan won the General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada competition to develop and supply unique Energy Attenuating Seats for the Canadian Army’s LAV 6.0 Command Post Vehicles;
- Selected to design and produce armour protection for Britain’s new Type 26 frigate;
- Developed, designed and delivered three unique armour shipsets for the new US Navy DDG1000 ZUMWALT-class destroyers.
Plasan North America’s agility, cost-effectiveness and a customer-centric approach provide the subcontracting know-how to meet the needs of vehicle manufacturers. Based in Grand Rapids, MI, its state-of-the-art 150,000 sq. ft. facility is ideally located close to the centre of US armoured vehicle production, thereby reducing lead time and shipping costs.