Tactical communications & ballistic protection highlighted
During AUSA 2017 on booth #2642 at the Swiss pavillion, RUAG Defence is demonstrating its latest innovations in the fields of IP communication systems with RUAG ARANEA Tactical Communications as well as modular ballistic protection solutions.
RUAG Defence is the strategic technology partner for international land forces, specialised across a broad range of areas including vehicles and vehicle systems, communication technologies, simulation and training and cyber security. Within each of these core areas RUAG Defence focuses on delivering refined upgrades, integrations and MRO, alongside a portfolio of technologically innovative subsystems & components.
RUAG ARANEA Communication Expert guarantees the user maximum interoperability of the user’s tactical or military communications in critical situations and links wide-ranging organisations, systems and devices quickly and securely. As military operations or emergency situations require immediate coordination between organisations and units, rapid integration of various communication applications is critical to success. Radio telephony continues to be the primary control resource that is used in the field of tactical communication. RUAG ARANEA Radio Bridge offers seamless integration of radio telephony solutions into a tactical network. The solution is easy to operate and to adapt to quickly changing requirements.
The system is a tactical communications platform that can be rapidly deployed in mission-critical situations, guaranteeing maximum interoperability, securely linking a wide range of organisations, systems, and devices. RUAG ARANEA features:
- RUAG ARANEA Tactical Vehicle Switches (TVS)are tactical communications switches that simultaneously cover a number of functions in practical military communications scenarios. They allow reliable voice and data communications between strategic, public, and legacy networks. Interoperability and non-hierarchical networking ensure effective communication at all levels.
- RUAG ARANEA Tactical Access Node S – (TAN S) is a semi-ruggedised, integrated voice and data router that enables interoperable connectivity between core networks and headquarters, detached ad hoc C2 facilities, and tactical mobile networks.
- RUAG ARANEA Rapid is a compact and hardened solution that enables communication in areas with no or limited communication infrastructure and limited network availability.
Protection of armoured vehicles is a matter of security – for crew members, a matter of life and death. To increase protection against threats of any kind, RUAG has developed various effective, modular and easy to handle systems. RUAG’s ballistic protection systems are mission-proven:
- SidePRO-LASSO is a highly efficient passive protection system against the common anti-tank grenade RPG-7 and its derivatives, featuring high protection coverage, multi-hit capability, short stand-off of 250mm modules and very light-weight.
- SidePRO-RPG is a passive protection system for medium and heavy armoured vehicles against the common anti-tank grenade RPG-7 and its derivatives, featuring the same as above.
- SidePRO-KE is a passive armour against KE threats.
- SidePRO-ATR is a polyvalent, passive protection system for medium APCs and MBTs against rocket propelled grenades, KE penetrators and EFPs, featuring high protection coverage, multi-hit capability, fully passive, and roof and mine protection.
- RoofPRO-P is an effective roof protection system against bomblets up to 50mm diameter and artillery fragments.
- MinePRO is a mine protection concept that has been chosen by leading armed forces to protect recently developed armoured fighting vehicles against AP, AT mines and EFP.