Technology for Complex Missions
Elbit Systems of America will offer visitors to AUSA 2018 in Washington this week sight of the range of capabilities it can offer forces to dominate in the multi-domain battlefield.
“Elbit Systems of America provides solutions that benefit soldiers wherever the fight takes them,” commented company President and CEO, Raanan Horowitz. “Our company is committed to providing the United States Army with technology designed for complex missions that require capabilities in all domains.”
Examples of the company’s advanced technologies, capabilities and solutions to improve mission effectiveness and readiness include:
Enhanced situational awareness for ground combat vehicles and flight operations during day, night, and degraded visual environments
• Full mission sensor suites for vertical lift and fixed-wing aircraft include large area displays, multi-core mission processors, wide field-of-view helmet displays, helmet tracking systems, and communication equipment. These solutions provide aircrew with critical flight data, while simultaneously reducing pilot workload and increasing situational awareness in all weather conditions.
• IronVision, the near-eye display system for ground combat vehicles, allows soldiers to see through the armour of vehicles and fight with closed hatches. This system provides full 360° situational awareness that increases vehicle survivability and effectiveness.
• The company works with government and industry partners to develop next-generation situational awareness systems to enable soldiers to conduct combat operations in any conditions.
Long-range and precise tactical strike solutions
• Loitering munitions, laser and multi-mode seekers, and advanced targeting systems provide increased targeting accuracy and flexibility, minimising collateral damage. Loitering munitions also provide soldiers with advanced surveillance and additional strike capabilities
• Small, lightweight, precision munition seekers and sensors are highly accurate against stationary and high-speed moving targets. Handheld target locators and designators aid laser-guided munitions and more.
• Troops can benefit from the company’s small and tactical unmanned aerial solutions. Payload size and duration of flight for the vehicles vary to fit the mission, providing an edge to the modern warfighter.
Increased aircraft mission availability and reduced operating cost
• The company provides Integrated Logistics Support and planning, Performance Based Logistics, Contractor Logistics Support and depot repairs for a variety of vertical flight and fixed-wing aircraft, including the AH-64 APACHE. A multitude of land vehicles and man-packed solutions are also supported.
Advanced command, control, communications, computers and intelligence systems (C4I) allow for greater awareness and mission effectiveness.
• Mobile shelters, command centres, wireless sensor networks, radios and advanced communications devices provide soldiers a wide range of critical information during their missions.
• STRIKE-CELL is a novel capability that can integrate weapons, sensors and communications to create an Integrated Tactical Network.