$1 Million in Weapons, Accessories and Ballistic Protection
The Argentine Air Force is procuring a range of weapons and equipment for the Grupo de Operaciones Especiales (GOE – Special Operations Group), a ground unit that forms part of VII Air Brigade, and is dedicated special missions, mainly combat rescue, installation protection and target designation/marking.
A single offer was received from Aquila International LLC for $ 1,039,848.
The material to be purchased consists of:
- 36 Daniel Defense M4A1 RIS II 5.56mm assault rifles with accessories;
- 20 Daniel Defense MK-18 5.56mm assault rifles;
- 6 5.56mm machineguns Ohio Ordnance OOW 249 PARA (M249P) with accessories;
- 6 M60E6 7.62mm machine guns;
- 12 M-203 40mm grenade launchers for M4A1 and MK-18 rifles;
- 6 Daniel Defense DD5V4 DMR 7.62mm precision;
- 6 Daniel Defense Delta 5 PRO 20″ .308 cal precision rifles;
- 4 McMillan TAC 50C precision rifles;
- 50 Glock 17 Gen 5 9X19 mm pistols;
- 68 Trijicon MRO HD 1×25 sights;
- 56 AN/PEQ-15 advanced target pointer/illuminator/aiming laser;
- 6 telescopic sights with night vision Leupold Mark 5 HD 3.6-18X44;
- 4 telescopic sights with night vision Leupold Mark 5 HD 7-35X 56;
- 20 NVG AN/PVS 15 night vision goggles;
- 120 RB2 bulletproof vests
- 60 RB3 bulletproof vests.
Santiago Rivas reporting from Buenos Aires for MON