Wide Range of Collaboration Opportunities
At Aero India in Bengaluru (Bangalore) 20-24 February, Rafael Advanced Defense Systems will be showcasing a wide range of systems ready for use by the Indian and other regional armed forces.
The Israeli company has a rich history of collaboration with Indian defence industries, which has already resulted in a number of joint ventures, subsidiary organisations and information sharing. Rafael has made significant investments in India – in infrastructure, production facilities and research and development – and sees continuing opportunities to support the ‘Make in India’ initiative.
A wide variety of products and services will be on show in Bengaluru, in a number of major categories:
• SPYDER – a quick reaction, low-level surface-to-air missile (SAM) that provides effective protection for valuable assets, as well as excellent force protection, SPYDER incorporates Rafael’s most advanced, operationally-proven performance air-to-air missiles (AAM): the DERBY MK3 active radar (RF) missile and PYTHON-5, a dual waveband Imaging Infra-Red (IIR) missile;
• C-DOME – an operational naval area defence system, designed to protect warships against a wide range of modern threats, using the combat-proven IRON DOME interceptor;
• PYTHON-5 – a fifth-generation AAM that provides full-sphere launch capability from very short to beyond visual ranges (BVR), with high kill probability and high resistance to countermeasures;
• DERBY Mk3 – an active radar AAM that provides fighter aircraft with strong capabilities in both short-range and BVR intercepts. The missile incorporates day/night/all-weather and multi-shot capabilities, an innovative RF seeker and a dramatic increase in kinetic performance;
• SPICE – a family of stand-off air-to-surface (ASM) gliding bombs, based on a unique electro-optical (EO)scene-matching technology for precise hits at ranges up to 100 km;
Tactical EO missiles
• SPIKE – a family of advanced EO guided missile systems, consisting of: SPIKE SR (Short Range), light shoulder-launched fire-and-forget up to 1.5 km; SPIKE MR (Medium Range), fire-and-forget up to 2.5 km; fifth-generation SPIKE LR2, with fire-and-observe and updated capabilities up to 5.5 km; SPIKE ER2 (surface-to-surface) with standoff ranges of 10 km and rotary-launch standoff up to 16 km; and SPIKE NLOS (near line of sight), a precision guided missile with excellent standoff range of up to 30 km; over 30,000 SPIKE missiles have been exported to 30+ nations for 40+ platforms, and over 5,000 fired in training and combat;
• IMILITE – a multi-source, multi-task imagery exploitation system that receives, processes, and exploits multiple standalone imagery, video and other intelligence data in a centralised,unified manner;
• RECCELITE – a real-time airborne reconnaissance system for low and medium altitudes, consisting of a self-contained, self-cooled modular multi-sensor airborne pod, a wide-band digital data link and a ground exploitation station;
• LITENING 5 – a new-generation navigation and targeting pod, featuring advanced high-resolution sensors for effective stand-off identification and targeting;
• DRONE DOME – designed to detect, track, and neutralise drones, either by jamming their communications or destroying them using a laser beam, DRONE DOME features 360° coverage, very fast response times, minimal collateral effects and maximum safety to friendly aircraft;
• BNET – a broadband mobile ad-hoc network (MANET) Internet Protocol (IP) software defined radio (SDR) for ground and air applications;
• GLOBAL LINK – a data link solution based on 15+ years deploying state-of-the-art communication systems to major air forces, it supports simultaneous robust data, voice and video services with multiple auto relays, supporting ease of use with high automation based on advanced MANET algorithms, reducing soldier workload and avoiding the need for cumbersome and restrictive network planning;
• BSAT – specifically characterised, developed and tested to provide a satellite communications response to the operational needs of tactical forces, BSAT is based on breakthrough panel antenna technology and state-of-the-art control and tracking mechanisms, enabling high performance efficiency in a small, light package.